Historic Architecture of Meridian
The Meridian Architectural Trust is now accepting entries to the 2022 Historic Architecture of Meridian Photo Contest. Semi-finalist work will be on display at Revere Photography, (2211 5th St. Suite 105) March 19 through April 2nd. The exhibition will be a part of the 2022 Conference, CROSSROADS: Meridian's Preservation Map for the 21st Century.
Jan 1 - Feb 25
• Digital submissions accepted
• Local judges select 40 semi-finalists
• Semi-finalists supply matted print
• Final judging by Alan Karchmer
• Opening Reception for public exhibition
• Top 3 winners announced
• Exhibition closes
- The contest is open to anyone.
- Subject matter must include historic architecture within the city limits of Meridian, Mississippi
- Photos must have been taken after Jan 1, 2021
- $25 submission fee per photo
- Semi-finalists must provide matted print suitable for framing
- Photos will be on display for 2 weeks, artists may sell work with a 30% commission to the Meridian Architectural Trust. Unsold work will be returned
1st Place - $250
2nd Place - $150
3rd Place - $100
The top three photographers will recieve a tutorial from renowned architectural photographer Alan Karchmer.
Alan has a Master's in Architecture and has had his images published in the architectural press worldwide for over 40 years. Originaly from Memphis, he is a graduate of the Tulane University School of Architecture. He began his architectural Photography career in New Orleans and currently resides in Washington DC.
Submissions must be received by FEBRUARY 25, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Email digital submissions to: REVEREPHOTOGRAPHY@GMAIL.COM
Submission email must include your name and a description of your photo
You will be contacted about payment when your email is received.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com.